Sunday, December 14, 2008

New to Blogging

I have never blogged before, but a lot of people have been trying to convert me for a long time. I thought with us moving to Australia I'd give it a shot. I'm not on facebook or myspace or anything like that, so this is probably the best way to keep people who are truly interested updated on our family. Plus, I need a place to put all of my thoughts, especially since we moved half way around the world. I don't know anyone in Australia and I have no one to share my crazy encounters with. So you will all become my audience. So far it has been a very trying experience. I can say that I have learned a lot and will definitely grow in many facets of my life by being here. On top of familiarizing myself with a new country I am adjusting to life as a new mom. I am so grateful that Annabelle is such a wonderful baby! I don't think we could have made this move if she cried all the time and had to be held constantly. I really enjoy being a mom and I love Annabelle more than I could ever describe. I think the hardest adjustment for me is the slowed down pace my life has taken. I am a very efficient person who likes to get a lot done quickly. With a baby that just isn't possible. Everything takes so much longer to do, but I am learning to slow down my pace and go with the flow. I think I needed to learn that a long time ago, so I am glad I was finally forced to =). I'll keep you posted as we experience different things down under.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to see your blog! Awesome view of Sydney, by the way. I can't even imagine what life must be like for you guys right now...exciting, scary, frustrating, beautiful...I'm sure it's definately an experience. We love you guys so much! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete